You can import Event data into Consultation Manager quickly and easily using the import function.
The best way to get all your data into Consultation Manager in the right locations, with the correct associations, is by following the below Import instructions:
1. Go to the Command Bar in the upper right hand corner, go to the "Tools" menu, and then select "Import".
2. Select a "Data Type" Template to download i.e. Events.
Please do not change anything about the template,simply input your data in the corresponding columns. Altering the template can create errors in the import which can take time to isolate and fix.
If you wish to import Stakeholders and Events, we recommend doing the Stakeholder import first.
Using the relevant columns, input (copy and paste) all your data directly into the downloaded template.
3. Populate the template by using the relevant columns, After you have populated your data, save the file as a .CSV document.
4. Return to the System's import tool.
5. Following the below instructions, choose your file from your local computer or network:
i. Select the file you’ve just made with the spreadsheet.
ii. Select the Projects you want associated with the data.
Tip: Ensure the "data type" aligns with the template i,e. if you are importing only stakeholder data, ensure the data type reflects that template.
6. Click "Continue" to begin the Import.
You will then be taken to another view, where you can check and assess all your data before you complete the import. Take time to confirm everything is in the correct fields and you are happy with the results.
Tip: Ensure the top 2 rows match exactly.
7. When you have verified the data, click "Import".
The system will take you to the Workspace. Once complete, you can confirm you're happy with the import result, or or in the case that you re not, you can always roll the import back.
Linking Events to existing Stakeholders
It is possible to create a relationship between an existing Stakeholder and the Event
- To conduct an import you will need to have the highest access role i.e Enterprise Administrator for an Enterprise licence, or Team Leader for Lite (Project) licence.
- Please do not change the format of the template in any way, this will cause the import to fail.
- If you have over 500 rows of data, we recommend conducting multiple imports.
- Event imports can be linked to Stakeholders via the email address field. However they must be identical to their existing record in Consultation Manager. Any variations, including capital differences or spaces will affect this function.
- You do not have to populate every cell in the document, but do not delete columns from the template.
- Please do not add more than one phone, fax, or email in a cell. Adding more than one may cause the import to malfunction.