The Entity statistics report represents the number of entities assigned to a category (ie. stakeholder/property group, event type, issue etc) and can be generated for:
- stakeholders, (example below)
events, (example below)
- team members.
To generate an Entity statistics report, go to the search tab, run a search criteria and select Report_Entity Statistics. Optional, to select 'Full Type Names' (bottom left of the report screen).
What are the statistics reporting on?
From the Event entity, the report will report on the primary and sub categories of the issues and event types (following pages of report). These will be ranked in order by the number of times the entity ie. an Event in this case, is linked to the category - Issue, for example:
Defining the report:
Primary category: Environmental
- 27 represents the total number of times each of the subcategories under 'Environmental' has been assigned to an Event. As multiple issues can be linked to the Event, the primary Issue category listed will represent the total number of times an Event has linked each of the issues. These are counted in this statistic each time they are assigned, for example Event 1 is linked to Environmental: Noise and Environmental: Air Quality. They are then counted twice in the 'Environmental' issue group.
Sub-category: Environmental: Noise
- 9 represents the total number of events that have listed this issue.
- 19 represents the total number of individual events from the search parameters, in this case - all events.
If you were to run a specific search to identify 'how many times Environmental issues were raised, and focusing on all the subcategories within', you would run the search highlighting all the subcategories for example below,
The result would be as follows:
As the search focuses on 'Environmental' issues, only these issues are reported on and the top 10 sub issues under Environmental are identified.
Another option would be to select a number of primary categories (by Ctrl clicking on each) to generate a report on key issues.
Attached are examples of the full reports highlighting the different results.
From the stakeholder entity, the report will list the primary and sub categories of the stakeholder groups and distribution lists. These will be ranked in order by the number of times the entity ie. a stakeholder, is linked to the category ie. stakeholder group or distribution list. As a stakeholder can be linked to multiple stakeholder groups, the primary category listed will represent the total number of times a stakeholder has been assigned to each of the subcategories, for example:
Primary category: Community
- 76 represents the total number of stakeholders who have been assigned to all the subcategories under 'Community'. Some stakeholders are linked to multiple stakeholder groups and are counted in this statistic each time they are assigned to a group, for example Stakeholder 1 is linked to Community: Local business and Community: School. They are then counted twice in the 'Community' stakeholder group.
Sub-category: Community: Local Business
- 15 represents the total number of stakeholders who have been assigned to this stakeholder group.
- 77 represents the total number of individual stakeholders from the search parameters, in this case - all stakeholders.